Diana Goldstein, LCSW
At times we all feel stuck in our current routines, or we have difficulty creating the life of our dreams. You may be struggling with issues from your own childhood, or the general anxieties of life. You and I can work together to identify and overcome obstacles to living a full and healthy life.
We are fortunate to live in a time of great awareness about the importance of mindfulness in daily life. I incorporate many mind/body techniques in therapy sessions. I am certified and trained in Acudetox (auricular acupuncture) and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing). We may chose to incorporate deep breathing and imagery for stress reduction as well. Yoga has become an important part of my life, and I encourage clients to pursue their own physical and spiritual paths.
By looking through this website, you are already taking steps to improve your well-being. Seeking out and receiving support is important during times of difficulty, and deciding how to deal with a specific problem is best done with the help of someone you can trust and relate to. Entering into a therapy relationship is exciting both for the client and the therapist, and I am honored to help you move forward toward your goals.
- Director of Behavioral Health at the New York Society for the Deaf.
- Director of FEMA-funded program providing crisis counseling for the Deaf community following the events of 9/11/01
- Psychotherapist for people with disabilities at Barrier-Free Living Inc.
- Residential Social Worker at Hillside Children’s Center
- Children’s Psychiatric Supervisor at Harlem Hospital
- Options counseling and referrals for pregnant teens in the South Bronx
- Direct Crisis Counselor for First Responders, Workers, and Residents at and near the World Trade Center Site
- New York University, Master’s of Social Work, 1993
- Smith College, Bachelor of Arts, 1991
- Licensed Social Worker in Texas & New York
- American Sign Language
- Parisian French